Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd like to read that were published before I was born
Since I am pretty old, born in 1957, all these books will look like 'classics'. All these books have spent a fair amount of time on my 'to-be-read' list.
1. Lost Horizon by James Hilton (1933)
2. The Trial by Franz Kafka (1925)
3. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (1818)
4. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (1939)
5. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (1925)
6. The Bridge at San Luis Ray by Thorton Wilder (1927)
7. The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith (1955)
8. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (1855)
9. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym (1952)
10. My First Summer in the Sierra by John Muir (1911)
Note: I purposely attempted to select books by female authors when I created this list. I did it. 50/50.