|Snow day fun.|
Weather: Snow! We have 6-8 inches of snow. Really rare stuff in the Pacific Northwest.
Family: Today (Sunday) is Valentine's Day. Don and I decided to not buy any gifts for each other, rather we will tell each other how much we love the other all day, at least 39 times, one for each year of our marriage.💖
|Hot tubbing in the snow.|
Valentines: Our 'First family' gave us a big valentine of love this weekened. When asked why she did this Dr. Biden said that she felt that everyone needed a little joy right now. The other thing I noticed, which we haven't seen for four years of the previous couple in the White House, the Bidens clearly love each other. 💘
First Lady Jill Biden put a massive Valentine's display on the North Lawn.— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) February 12, 2021
"I just wanted some joy. With the pandemic, just everybody's feeling a little down. So, it's just a little joy. A little hope. That's all." pic.twitter.com/n60nX7tdXj
Books: Last Sunday my Cybils team of judges selected our favorite nonfiction titles in three categories (HS, MG, Elem.). Today all the Cybils will be announced. Look for my post about the winners which I will release once that announcement is made.
- Books I finished this week:
- The Cat I Never Named : A True Story of Love, War, and Survival by Amra Sabic-El-Rayess. A YA memoir about living through the Bosnian War/Genocide. This my last Cybils book. It was very well written and speaks to what is happening today in polarized politics. Print.
- Ex Libris: 100+ Books to Read and Reread by Michiko Kakutani. A book about books that includes very few classics. This was a Xmas gift. Now I want to reread it to decide if I want to add any of the suggested titles to my TBR. Print.
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman. A popular book right now. And yes, all of the characters were anxious. Audiobook and e-book.
- Books currently reading:
- Apple: Skin to the Core by Eric Gansworth. A YA Memoir and a Printz Honor book. Print. 33% complete.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama. We made a bit of progress, passing the 50% mark in this long audiobook. 53%.
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo. I had to set this book aside sometime in 2020 so I am attempting to finish it now. Fiction, YA. Audiobook. 20%.
Second impeachment trial: I watched hours of the Senate trial. I can't understand how anyone can vote to acquit the President. I am completely horrified what happened that day as more details were shown during the trial. If you watched little or none of the trial, I urge you to watch Rep. Raskin's closing remarks at the end of day three as the House Impeachment managers rest their case. Even though the Republicans voted to acquit Trump all the evidence is now on the record and the American people must remember this day and this vote next time they go to the ballot box.
On the lighter side:
1. If you are the one person left on earth who hasn't seen the Zoom court case where one of the lawyers has a cat filter over his image. It is only 52 sec. and is hilarious. Watch it. It will make your day!
2. And then the world reacts to this hilarity...
3.Sadly, it appears to be true...
5. Just funny, not political