Top Ten Tuesday: 21st Century Books Likely to Become Classics
Classics are books which continue to have something important to say years after they are published. When re-reading a classic one has just as much a sense of discovery as the first time.
*Hyperlinked titles available for reviews of those books which I read before I began blogging. Books are listed in random order.
2. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (2004)
4. Station Eleven by Emily St. James Mandel (2014)
5. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (2013)
6. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (2014)
8. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (2016)
11. Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr (2021)
As I think about all these books I started to wonder if they are made into a movie or a miniseries if it increases or decreases in its likelihood of becoming a classic book read by generations to come. Hmm. I don't know the answer.