It almost seems like I am cheating by signing up for Nonfiction November since I am judging the JH/SH Nonfiction books for the Cybils Award right now through December. So far 89 books have been nominated and I should be reading a book a day (or more) to finish the list, but I am poking along. Today, however, is a new day and I already have a pile of books ready for reading and/or perusing. Judges are allowed to read enough of each book to make a judgement on it which is probably somewhere over 50 pages but more likely 100 pages. Other books beg to be finished and I set them aside for later or ask pardon from the other books in the queue and finish them right away.
Here are my upcoming titles, in no particular order:
- Votes for Women: American Suffragists and the Battle for the Ballot by Winifred Conkling
- Nevertheless, We Persisted: 48 Voices of Defiance, Strength, and Courage
- (Don't) Call Me Crazy: 33 Voices Start the Conversation About Mental Health edited by Kelly Jensen
- 1968: Today's Authors Explore a Year of Rebellion, Revolution, and Change edited by Marc Aronson and Susan Campbell Bartoletti
- Blacklisted: Hollywood, the Cold War, and the First Amendment by Larry Dane Brimner
- Resist: 35 Profiles of Ordinary People Who Rose Up Against Tyranny and Injustice by Veronica Chambers
- The Strange True Tale of Frankenstein's Creator Mary Shelley by Catherine Reef
- Whale Quest: Working Together to Save Endangered Species by Karen Romano Young
Stay tuned for my updates as I will be writing reviews of all the books.