"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Novellas in November 2024

 

It’s hard to believe, the hosts are getting ready for the FIFTH year of Novellas in November, the month-long blogger/social media challenge celebrating the art of the short book, hosted by Cathy of 746 Books and Rebecca of Bookish Beck between 1 and 30 November.

 It is also hard to believe this will be my first year joining in the fun of reading short books with others during Novellas in November. For the past several years I've fill up my November reading schedule with nonfiction titles and/or Cybils nominated titles. This year I am taking a break from judging Cybils and don't have many nonfiction titles calling my name. So here I am giving a new challenge a try.

Today I placed several titles on hold at the library and I hope some of them make it my way before November 1st:

  • Dept. of Speculation by Offill
  • Snow Country by Kawabata
  • The Strange Library by Murikami
  • The Postman Always Rings Twice by Cain
  • Foster by Keegan
  • The Turn of the Screw by James
  • The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Tolstoy
  • A Christmas Carol by Dickens
  • and just today I added, Orbital by Harvey since it is the read-along. 

-Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.