|Broke and Bookish
I don't think I can come up with ten but here are a few of my bookish confessions.
1. I sometimes buy books for my library because I want to read them and hope that students will want to read them, too.
2. I currently have ten books on my nightstand. They have been there all summer and little by little I keep taking them back to the library, unread. By the time school starts the pile will probably be down to two books.
3. When I count how many books I've read in a month/year, I count graphic novels and picture books. Sneaky, huh?
4. I still haven't read any of Charles Dicken's novels except A Christmas Carol and David Copperfield. I always put this on my list because I want to take care of this problem, but never seem to get to it.
5. I read Anne of Green Gables this year, finally.
6. I still get kinda weepy when someone mentions Borders Books going out-of-business. It was the only bookstore in my town other than small, funky used book stores and I miss wandering around in it perusing books and getting my bookish fix on a regular basis.
7. I've only read the first book in many popular series. For example--Twilight; City of Bones (Mortal Instruments); Monstrumologist.
8. I actually have a weird fantasy where I am forced to live in my library so I have nothing to do but read all the books in it.
9. I get kinda sad and/or a bit angry when students tell me that they never read anything, even required books.
10. I afraid for the publishing industry with all the e-readers it seems like the printed book is going the way of the dinosaurs. Sad....
I did it. What are your bookish confessions?