"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Update: 20 books in July Challenge.

20?

Now that it is August, it is time to report how I did on the 20 Books in July Reading Challenge.

Unfortunately I only finished 19 books, but I actually am pretty proud of that number.  I have never attempted to read so many books, especially when I had really big things going on with my family at the same time, like weddings and vacations. It was a tremendous month of fun and books:

Adult books
1. A Dog's Purpose by Bruce Cameron
2. Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
3. The Vow by Kim and Krickett Carpenter 
4. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (also part audio)

Audiobooks
5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 
6. Zeitoun by Dave Eggers (nonfiction)
7. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe


Young Adult
8.  Lockdown: Escape from Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith (YA) 
9. Sabriel by Garth Nix (YA)
10. Putting Make-Up on the Fat Boy by Bil Wright 
11. Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers 
12. A Greyhound of a Girl by Roddy Doyle 
13. Code Name Verity by Eizabeth Wein 

14. Stotan! by Chris Crutcher
15. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith
16. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (also part audio)

Graphic Novels
17. Friends With Boys by Faith Erin Hicks 
18. Bride's Story 1 by Kaoru Mori 
19. The Year of the Beasts by Cecil Castellucci and Nate Powell (1/2 graphic novel)


My favorite book of the month: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

Now I am off to a vacation in Italy.  I will be checking in periodically but it is unlikely that I will blog much while away.  "See you" in two weeks!

 

1 comment:

  1. As you leave for Italy, I am on my way home from the UK! I hate to admit that I pretty much hit "mark all as read" while on vacation. But, I couldn't resist commenting on your 19 books in July! That is incredible and there are so many good books on the list, well done. Have a fantastic vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.