2018 End-of-the-year book survey
1. Best Books You Read In 2018?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love, But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Favorite Book Club Selection Based On the Discussion?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018?
11. Most memorable character of 2018?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2018?
16. Shortest and Longest Book You Read In 2018?
18. Best Audiobook I Listened To in 2018
19. Favorite JH and SH Nonfiction Books I Read In My Role as a Cybils Judge
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 from an Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2018 Which Was Based SOLELY On a Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018?
23. Best 2018 debut you read?
24. Best World-building/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book Which Put a Smile on Your Face/Was the Most FUN to Read?
26. Book Which Made You Cry or Nearly Cry in 2018?
27. Hidden Gem of the Year? There are several:
28. Anything odd about this year's reading list?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?
30. Book Which Made You Angry (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
31. One Book You Didn’t Read In 2018 but Will Be a Top Priority in 2019?
This is embarrassing to admit, but I am terrible about remembering site names of blogs I visit.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2018?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Judge for Cybils Award, Round 1 Junior High/Senior High Nonfiction
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?
I really appreciate it when I hear from readers who say they enjoyed a book I recommended on my blog. That is the best.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I have battled periods of apathy about writing my blog, especially the book reviews since it feels like I am just writing them for myself.
7. Most Popular Post This Year on Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
- UncommonGoods---Reading Gifts.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
- Nonfiction November--- I read or previewed 26 books
- Reading Pulitzer winners---
- Less by Andrew Greer, winner of the 2018 award for literature
- Reading Classics Club books---
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
- Suite Francaise by Irene Nimerovsky
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- True Grit by Charles Portis
- My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin