"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Even I am confused...


I am reading/listening to so many books right now even I am confused.  I normally can read three books at a time and have no trouble keeping everything straight.  But for some reason right now I have six books going, five of them I'm actively reading or listening to. Argh. My head hurts trying to keep all the plots straight. Here's the list:

Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield. A YA mystery and teen angst story.  This is my first choice for reading right now but the book is often upstairs when I am down and I can't read while driving so...

Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde, the 2nd book in the Thursday Next series was available at the public library in an audio format.  Thought I'd enjoy listening to it as I drive to and from work.  Only problem is that is a really slow way to digest a book so I checked out the paper copy of the book, too, so I can read ahead when I'm not traveling.  Don't you think this is an appropriate title for my current conundrum? Anyway, while I was at the library...

Lireal by Garth Nix, another audiobook, this of the 2nd book in the Old Kingdom Trilogy, screamed out for attention.  Having just read and liked the first book in the series, Sabriel, this summer I decided that I could listen to this book while sitting at work in the library preparing books and magazines for circulation. I enjoy listening to fantasy books for help with pronunciations and descriptions that are beyond the scope of my imagination. I was right about being able to listen while I work but the switch from the workplace to the car and beyond has been...

After the Snow by S.D. Crockett a dytopian novel that has received very good reviews. I haven't been able to focus on it as much as I'd like, for obvious reasons...

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry is a tome of a book set in India between 1975 and 1984. I started this one on the plane ride home from Italy.  It is a very weighty book in more ways than one...

Emma by Jane Austen shouldn't really be on this list since I wouldn't really say that I am making much effort to read it.  I've been nibbling on this book since March.  I have it on my reading app on my smart phone.  The only time I ever read it is when I am stuck someplace without a book.  However, I did sign up for the Jane Austen in August Challenge so I vowed I would finish it this month.  Only 300 pages to go...

What are you reading right now? Are you doing better at keeping everything straight than I am?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.