"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, March 14, 2022

TTT: My Spring Reading List

 


Books on my spring reading list. 
(Below the fold, check out how I did on my winter reading list.)
 
Book Club Selections:
  1. The Pioneers by David McCullough (April, Group #1)
  2. The House on the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune (April, Group #2)
  3. So You Want to Talk About Race? by Ijeoma Oluo (May, Group #1)
  4. Maid by Stephanie Land (June, Group #1)
  5. TBA (June, Group #2)

Books I've recently placed on hold at the library:

  1.  The Woman They Could Not Silence by Kate Moore
  2.  The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne
  3.  Unthinkable by Jamie Raskin
  4.  The Owl and Other Fantasies by Mary Oliver
  5. 100 Poems to Break Your Heart by Edward Hirsch, editor
  6. O's Little Book of Happiness edited by the Oprah Magazine
  7. Bright Wings: An Illustrated Anthology of Poems About Birds
Challenge books:
  1. Past Pulitzer Prize winner: 
  2. 2022 Printz Award/ Honor book:
  3. Classics club selection:  (From this list)
  4. Narniathon (books in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis)
    1. Voyage of the Dawn Treader
    2. The Silver Chair
    3. A Horse and His Boy
    4. The Magician's Nephew
 
 
 
How did I do on my winter reading list?

Book Club Selections: 5/5

  1. The Dutch House by Ann Patchett (a re-read) (January, Group #1)
  2. Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout (February, Group #1)
  3. Beautiful Country  by Qian Julie Wang (February, Group #2)
  4. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (March, Group #1)
  5. The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles (March, Group #2) 

Books I've recently placed on hold at the library: 5/7

  1. Under a White Sky by Elizabeth Kolbert
  2. Crying in the H Mart by Michelle Zauner 
  3. The Story of More by Hope Jahren
  4. Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead
  5. The Woman They Could Not Silence by Kate Moore (Audiobook currently checked out)
  6. Peril by Bob Woodward
  7. Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson ✔ but DNF

Challenge Books: 2/6

  1. Past Pulitzer Prize winner: The Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck
  2. Past Pulitzer Prize winner: The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  3. Past Pulitzer Prize winner: The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson
  4. 2022 Printz Award:The Firekeeper's Daughter
  5. Classics club selection:  Murder on the Orient Express
  6. Classics Club selection: 
Cybils AWARD High School nonfiction: 5/5
  1. Everything You Wanted to Know About Indians But Were Afraid to Ask by Anton Treuer
  2. The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks by Jeanne Theoharis
  3. Punching Bag by Rex Ogle
  4. In the Shadow of the Moon by Amy Cherrix
  5. The Power of Style by Christian Allaire


I had really high goals for myself in terms of my challenge books and didn't get anywhere near accomplishing them. Most of January was dedicated to reading Cybils finalists and book club selections. But other than that I feel fairly good about how many books I did tackle on my winter reading list.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.