"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, March 27, 2015

Bloggiesta Update, Day 5 and 6

Themes : Organize and destress / Read

Goals: Day 5: Organize. Stay organized and stay up-to-date on my reviews, my challenges, and keeping my pages current. Day 6: Read at least four books this Spring Break.

Organize- sometimes I shock myself how unorganized I am about the blog and blogging. For example I am one month behind on my Books Read in 2015 page just because I forget about it. Or I ignore my challenges because I figure no one care than me. (So why do them?)

Destress: I purposely avoided getting on any lists to receive ARCs because I didn't want to be forced to read books that ultimately wouldn't help me in my position as a high school librarian making book recommendations to teens. I do feel stress when I compare my blog statistics to some hypothetical numbers. honestly I shouldn't even look at my stats.

Tomorrow's focus for bloggiesta is reading, since I will be en route to our Spring Break locale here is my reading list for the week (subject to change):

  • The Martian by Andy Weir---i'm seeing this book everywhere so I am anxious to start listening to this audiobook.
  • The Carnival at Bray by Jessie Ann Foley---as part of my Printz Challenge
  • All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven---I'm almost done with this one.
  • A Matter of Heart by Amy Fellner Dominy---an ARC, after saying I wasn't reading any of them.
  • Emily, Alone by Stewart O'Nan --- on my new Kindle App on my new iPad. It will be my first e-book.


1 comment:

  1. Hope you're having a blast on Spring Break and able to read some of your books! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.