"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bloggiesta Update Day 2

Day two: E-Presence

Honestly, I am not good at having an E-presence. I like blogging and do fine with Facebook with my friends, but I totally don't "get" Twitter. When I read the posts from people on Twitter I always think to myself, "who cares?" because it always seems like there are just random statements made with no context. Obviously I am doing something wrong. I don't really spend enough time on it to really understand all the tips to successfully use it.

So when I read through the Twitter chat from today and saw everyone extolling the virtues of Twitter and of Instagram I just froze up. Obviously if I want to improve my blog presence I need to work with the social media that people are using. But keep in mind, we are talking about a lady here whose whole job revolves around books and I didn't get a Kindle-reader until today.

So...I have a long way to go, I know. Baby steps. Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you, most of thing things on twitter I don't get. I also find it odd that you can just jump into someone else's conversation to give your 2 cents (not that I would feel comfortable doing that). I am trying though to get more active on Twitter. Instagram? Oh boy I think I will pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad, as I still don't "get" Twitter and I've had an account for years! I join in Twitter chats every now and again, but otherwise just autopost from my Facebook page and blog. Some people love it, but I still feel awkward jumping into conversations. Do whatever makes you comfortable!


    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.