"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Advanced Readers Books


I am greedily sorting through my haul...boxes of advance reader's editions of books.

Those books that have already been published (in order words, I got them AFTER they were really Advanced Reader's copies) I looked through and decided to a)place the book on my next order and/or b)gave them away to students or other librarians in the district.

But those books not yet published, a whole slug of them, I want to make a valiant attempt to read at least a bit of before they come out or before I give them away.

Here is a partial list of the books I am looking through:

Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton (Publishing date: 2/15)---When Quin takes her Oath, she will become a Seeker. She will then fight beside her companions, John and Shinobu, to protect the weak and the wronged. They will stand for light in a shadowy world. (I realize this book is already published but I still want to preview it.)

Hit Count by Chris Lynch (Pub Date: 5/15)---Arlo Brodie loves playing football. He hits hard and gets hit hard in return, in spite of the pain, the pounding headaches, the dizziness, and the confusion.

The Unlikely Hero of Room 13 B by Teresa Totem (Pub. date: 3/15)---Adam Ross has his hands full of everyday problems like school and divorced parents. Add to that his obsessive-compulsive disorder and it is hard for him to imagine falling in love.

Every Thing Every Thing by Nicola Yoon (Pub. date 9/15)---"My disease is as rare as it is famous. I am allergic to everything. I see no one except my mom and my nurse until one day I spy Olly out the window."

The Prom Goes Interstellar Excursion by Chris McCoy (Pub date 4/15)---Bennett pulls off something he never thought  possible: Sophie, his dream girl, agrees to go to the prom with him. moments afterwards, though, he watches Sophie get abducted by aliens. There was nothing to do but to go after her.

The Boys of Fire and Ash by Meaghan McIsaac (Pub. date 5/15)---the Brothers who live in the Pit know no mothers. When a Brothers turns sixteen he must leave the Pit and live in the unknown woods. No Brother has ever returned...until now.

A Matter of Heart by Amy Fellner Dominy---(Pub date 5/15)---"No one is going to keep me from becoming the fastest swimmer in the world. Not my dad, boyfriend or heart."

The Fearless by Emma Pass (Pub. date 4/15)---When the fearless attacked, they injected everyone in their path with the same serum that stripped them of humanity. Life became a living nightmare.

BTW---I bumped into a list of 105 YA Titles that have or will hit the bookstores in early 2015.  Take a look at this long list of books over at BOOKRIOT.

 

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.