"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday, August 29 and I'm reading....

Hosted by Book Journey
I'm reading:
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson--- two kids driving from California to Connecticut take several detours along the way and in the process learn about each other and themselves.  It is every bit as good as the others reviewers have said.





I'm listening to:
Blink and Caution by Tim Wynne-Jones---"Blink and Caution are two teenage runaways in Toronto. Blink is getting by day to day by stealing breakfast leftovers from room-service trays in a fancy hotel when he accidentally observes a faked kidnapping of a wealthy CEO. Caution is on the run from an abusive and possessive drug-dealer boyfriend when she meets Blink."




I just recently finished:
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen--- Auden spends the summer before her Freshman year of college with her father and his new wife. Along the way she makes good friends, tries doing things she's never done before, and learns to ride a bike. Classic Dessen.






I hope to get to next:
The Berlin Boxing Club by Robert Sharenow---"Max Schmeling, champion boxer and German national hero, makes a deal with Karl's father to give Karl boxing lessons, Karl sees it as the perfect chance to reinvent himself. A skilled cartoonist, Karl has never had an interest in boxing, but as Max becomes the mentor Karl never had, Karl soon finds both his boxing skills and his art flourishing. But when Nazi violence against Jews escalates, Karl must take on a new role: protector of his family."







11 comments:

  1. HI Anne, your current read sounds like my kind of read. hope to see the review posted so i can come by and see what you thought.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am most intrigued by The Berlin Boxing Club. Have a fantastic week and happy reading.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Berlin Boxing club sounds like a good one! I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like it.

    Here's my Monday: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sarah Dessen - I'm glad you finally got the chance to read her! Happy Reading!
    http://literarylindsey.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-monday-and-sun-is-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are enjoying Amy & Roger's Epic Detour! I loved it, especially since I read it while on OUR road trip. I still plan to go through Roger's playlists and check out some of his music choices.

    Enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to check out The Berlin Boxing Club! Have a great week!!

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always choose a great variety of books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dessen is one i enjoy as well. The boxing one is popping up a lot this week. i may have to check it out. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am glad you're getting to the Berlin Boxing Club, I am interested to see what you think of it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour! This meme always reminds me of the million books I need to get around to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to your review on "Along for the ride" ;) Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.