"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Review: Cowboys and Aliens (Graphic Novel)


Last week When I went to see the movie Cowboys and Aliens my husband mentioned that it was originally a Graphic Novel by the same name.  I decided to look for it at the Borders Books close-out sale and found it. The whole book took me less than an hour to read and it does have the outline of the movie within it but I actually was amazed what the producer was able to get out of Rosenburg's original comics.Perhaps I should read the original rather than the mash-up book. Either way, the book is fun and so is the movie.
The ultimate showdown between Cowboys and Indians is interrupted...by an alien invasion. The Old West will never be the same. When an extra-terrestrial armada lands in the Wild West, they find themselves in a showdown with one tough posse of rough-and-ready heroes—and the Cowboys and Aliens graphic novel gives you the thrilling comic book stories that started it all off! Compiling every issue of Scott Mitchell Rosenberg’s electrifying comic book series, this gorgeous, full-color graphic novel features the dynamic creative talents of Fred Van Lente, Andrew Foley, and Luciano Lima. ---Goodreads.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't like the movie. I liked the premise, I just didn't think it came together right...
    I'd like to check out the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on my want-to-watch list. but, freda's comment gives me pause. i'll most likely watch it for harrison ford, though ;-D then will check out the graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, I may have to try this one out. I'm ready to give graphic novels another try.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.