"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday. What am I reading?

Hosted by Book Journey

It's Monday.  Here is what I am reading and listening to this week.

What I'm reading:
Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey. "This award-winning coming-of-age novel was written by Australian Craig Silvey out of his passion for the southern Gothic fiction of Twain, Lee and Capote." ---Suite 101. I'm just getting started so the jury is still out if I'll like it.






What I'm listening to: 
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater.  This is the sequel to her popular paranormal romance, Shiver, which I liked tremendously.  I'm not in the car much these days so this book is taking an eternity to listen to.







What I recently finished:
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. A sweet and revealing memoir about a young boy, Colton, who has a life after death experience then comes back to life to share with his family and to tell them what heaven is like; nonfiction.  Written by Colton's father.






What I hope to read next:
Maine by Courtney Sullivan.  This is my book club selection for the month.  I actually don't have a copy of the book yet, so I hope I can finish it in time.








What are you reading this week?

8 comments:

  1. Maine is one I cannot wait to read, I have heard such good things about it. Have a fantastic week.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I still have not read Shiver, Linger or Forever. Bad school librarian! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Heaven is for Real. What do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a odd book cover. check out what I am reading.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Shiver and really enjoyed it, so I can't wait to get the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading YA title The Comeback Season right now, hope to finish it soon! I have also not yet read Shiver or Linger...but if you gave it a positive review, I might have to take a second look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting Jorie's Reads!

    I now see 10 more books to add to my TBR list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins. It's just as good as the first book, Hex Hall! I love it when sequels don't disappoint.

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.