"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Salon: August 28, 2011

I'm watching: America's Got Talent. This week: the second semi-final.  Wow!  There are some really talented people out there.

I'm thinking about: School. The beginning of the year is around the corner.

I'm listening to: The audiobook Blink and Caution by Tim Wynne-Jones. I'm just getting started.

I'm reading: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I've heard so many good things about this book. I am really looking forward to reading it for myself.

Book reviewed this week: Cowboys and Aliens-Graphic Novel; Boom! by Mark Haddon; Candor by Pam Bachorz; and Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Lists I am making: Things I need to get done in the library before school starts.

Scripture lesson in church: Philippians 3:12-14---"I press on to take hold of that which Christ Jesus took hold of me."

I'm praying for: Those people in the parts of the country affected by Hurricane Irene.

Around the house: We've had company this week--- both my parents and my husband's dad and wife. 

From the kitchen: Chicken cacciatore and homemade savory polenta.  It was fun and different. I will make it again.

Musical event: Santana concert at the White River Amphitheater!!!  Woot! Woot!  It was the best Rock concert I've been to in 30 years.

Funny event: We arrived at the Amphitheater at 5:24 PM and got our car in line to park. When we got to the front of the line, the attendant told us that the parking lot didn't open until 5:30 PM so we would have to turn around and go to the end of the line rather than just sit there for six minutes until it opened. We couldn't believe how idiotic it seemed. We have had a good laugh about it afterwards.

Picture of Carlos Santana from his Fan Club Webpage

4 comments:

  1. A Santana concert? That's awesome! School began for me on Thursday and I just noticed that I am doing an SSR book talk tomorrow morning first thing and the teacher and I never discussed what he wants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love polenta!! Yummy. We start up tomorrow with our three teacher days, then have students Thursday/Friday. I'm feeling panicked! By the way, I'm already finished with the next BC read, so if you need it, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. America's Got Talent has been my guilty pleasure this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We started last week with students and week before that with inservices and week before that with a little camp to get some of our students ready for the return. (That's three weeks I've already been in school! Wow!)

    Sunday Salon started out as a group that connected through a feed, but it rapidly grew too large for new people to join the feed. Thank you for reminding me to change my old link to TSS. I've been meaning to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.