|The Broke and Bookish|
Top Ten Tuesday topic of the day:
Favorite Literary Duos/Teams (in no particular order)
1. Scarlet O'Hara and Rhett Butler (Gone with the Wind by Mitchell)...the sparks may have flown but they were pretty dynamic together.
2. Renée Michel and Paloma Josse (Elegance of the Hedgehog by Barbery)...the concierge and the precocious young girl who both feel they need to conceal their intelligence until they connect with each other.
3. Leo and Stargirl (Stargirl by Spinelli)...Stargirl operated in her own constellation but had the ability to draw others into her marvelous orbit including Leo.
4. Cameron Smith and Gonzo (Going Bovine by Bray)... friends who go on a road trip for the purpose of saving the world from the Wizard of Rechoning; or was it just a hallucination? (and I shouldn't forget the Yard Gnome, Balder son of Odin, a Norse God!)
5. Marion and Shiva Stone (Cutting for Stone by Verghese)...separated conjoined twins whose lives remained conjoined forever, MarionShiva.
6. Jane and Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice by Austen)...sisters and friends in best book ever written. Ha!
7. Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Twain)...can you believe the trouble these boys thought up?
8. Harry, Ron, and Hermione (Harry Potter series by Rowling)...need I say more?
9. Old Dan and Little Anne (Where the Red Fern Grows by Rawling)...the darling coon hound pair that capture a young boy's heart (and mine.)
10. Hank and John Green (Vlogbrothers)...OK, I know they aren't literary characters but they do a lot to promote reading and literature and I'm a fan of Nerdfighters.