"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday...What are you Reading?

Hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey
Currently reading:
The Camel Bookmobile by Masha Hamilton.  Set in Kenya this story is not just about getting books to remote areas via camels but about importance of culture.  It begs the question, do I always know what is best for others? This is for book-club tomorrow.  I am nearly finished and have enjoyed it.




 

Currently listening on audiobook:
The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire that Saved America by Timothy Egan.
This is the book for All-Pierce County Reads.  There will be community activities and discussions around this book all April. I am also listening to it for my other book club.





Recently completed:
Stolen by Lucy Christopher.  I am still entranced by this book and I finished it a few days ago.  My daughter pointed out that this is a kind of Beauty and the Beast story.  Check out my review here and then tell me what you think if it sounds a bit similar.







Up Next:
1. Evidence of Things Unseen by Marianne Wiggins-recommended highly by two friends.  I hope to get to it tomorrow!

2.  Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Holly Black
It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn?  Can't wait.  What can I say?





What about you?  What are you reading?





3 comments:

  1. Just finished Evidence and the latest Flavia de Luce. Now I'm reading Graceling. (on your rec) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good books this week, Anne! I gave The Big Burn to my brother-in-law for his birthday - he's a high school history teacher who loves reading about history. Are you enjoying it so far?

    Have a good reading week!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. As promised - the link to my Mansfield Park review: http://allthatglistensisnotold.blogspot.com/2011/03/jane-austen-mansfield-park.html

    Evidence of Things unseen sounds intriguing - and so does Zombies vs. Unicorns.!

    Have fun with your picks!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.