"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Salon: August 7, 2011



I've noticed a lot of other bloggers participate in a version of Sunday Salon so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to "sign-up" somewhere. If so, please let me know so that I can give appropriate credit.


Outside: The weather is gorgeous.  Summers in the Pacific NW can be so glorious, if they aren't being grey and rainy.  Today it is cool but sunny with blue skies. (Currently 69 degrees Fahrenheit at noon.)

I'm watching: reruns of I Love Lucy episodes in honor of her 100th birthday week.  My favorite episode is Vitameatavegamin.  See the YouTube blurb of it on my blog.

I'm thinking about: Summer is waning and school starts up in less than a month.  I need to get up to my library to get things set for the new school year.

I'm listening to: The audiobook of Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, sequel to Shiver. I usually listen to audiobooks as I drive and from school (work) but since I'm not in the car as much this summer, the book is going very slow for me.

I'm reading: I just finished a book late last night.  I hope to start Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey today, which has won international recognition but has only recently been published in the USA.

Lists I am making: I am working through a list of books which may make up my list of Mock Printz books for the workshop I hold in January before the actual Printz award winners are announced. Jasper Jones may be on my list, who knows? So far, the only "for sure" book for my list is Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys.

Today's Scripture in church: 1 Kings 19:9-18.  God talks to the prophet Elijah not in hurricanes, fire, or earthquakes but in a still, quiet whisper.

I'm praying for: The Parr family who lost Gordon their father, husband, grandfather this week.

Around the house: We had new landscaping put in this past week so I am having to water, water, water, the newly planted trees and shrubs.  It looks lovely, though.

From the kitchen: I made Eggplant Parmesan.  I found this wonderful website that guides me step by step.  Everyone loved it.  With the leftovers I made Eggplant Sandwiches.  Sounds odd but very yummy. How to Make Eggplant Parmesan with pictures.

Funny event: Yesterday we showed up for a 75th-Birthday party one day early!!! Talk about embarrassing and funny.  I hope it wasn't a surprise party because it is not one anymore.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you're doing a Sunday Salon, it's nice to get an end-of-the-week wrap up from people. There is a Sunday Salon site where you can sign up, but they closed it about a year ago when they got over 500 members (!) so lots of us just do it without registering.

    That is so funny that you showed up to a party a day early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't really sign up for anything. There is a group on faacebook that you can join though!

    I love eggplant parm. Sounds yummy! :]

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.