"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chris Crutcher Challenge

Chris Crutcher Challenge.

This is an on-going, no time-limit challenge to read all of Chris Crutcher's novels. Join me as I read through all of the novels. Attach your review links in the comment section here.
  • Period 8 (2013)
  • Angry Management (2009)
  • Deadline (2007)
  • The Sledding Hill (2005)
  • King of the Mild Frontier: an Ill-Advised Autobiography (2003)
  • Whale Talk (2001)
  • Ironman (1995)
  • Staying Fat for Sarah Brynes (1993)
  • The Deep End (1992)
  • Athletic Shorts: Six Short Stories (1991)
  • Chinese Handcuffs (1989)
  • The Crazy Horse Electric Game (1987)
  • Stotan! (1986)
  • Running Loose (1983)
(My progress on this challenge will be noted on My Challenge Page, with links to my reviews.)

6 comments:

  1. I will join you in this challenge. I've already read Whale Talk and Angry Management so will post those reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read these last year, so don't know if you want the reviews posted, but here they are:

    Whale Talk: http://www.helensbookblog.com/2010/07/review-whale-talk-crutcher.html

    Angry Management: http://www.helensbookblog.com/2010/07/review-angry-management-crutcher.html (I also don't know how to put cool links in a comment, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo! thats quite a challenge, if i didn't already have so many books to read I might think about it. hope you are enjoying your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, I was having trouble with your comment section. I'll try later. in the meantime:
    Thanks for joining my Chris Crutcher Challenge. I haven't read Angry Management but Ironman, his book that I just finished, introduces us to Mr. Nak and the Angry Management group. So you may want to read it next.

    Good luck with the challenge. Don't let it add stress to your day, just have fun reading the Crutcher books when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the recommendation, I just finished Ironman, here's the link for my review:

    http://www.helensbookblog.com/2011/09/review-ironman-chris-crutcher.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished Chris Crutcher's latest book, Period 8, and boy was it good!

    http://www.helensbookblog.com/2013/05/review-period8-by-chris-crutcher.html

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.