"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 10, 2026

Classics Club Spin #45 is Coming


It’s easy.  Before next Sunday 16th August, 2026 create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on my Classics Club list.

This is my Spin List.

I will have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the spin period.

I'm hoping I get a book I already own: The Sun Also Rises or The Good Earth, so I don't have to buy another.

The CC Club will check in on the 4th October to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book! I hope I'm one of them.

My List 

(For three of the weeks of this time frame I will be on a trip, so I am limiting my choices to books I think I can finish before I leave or are small enough to carry along with me. That is why I have some duplicates.)

CC Spin # 45

1.      The Good Earth by Buck

2.      Scoop by Waugh

3.      Death Comes for the Archbishop by Cather

4.      To the Lighthouse by Woolfe

5.      The Cherry Orchard by Chekhov

6.      Heart of Darkness by Conrad

7.      The Importance of Being Ernest by Wilde

8.      Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

9.      Elmer Gantry by Sinclair

10. On the Road by Kerouac

11. Siddhartha by Hesse

12. The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway

13. The Scarlet Letter by Hawthorne

14. The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway

15. The Cherry Orchard by Chekhov

16. The Good Earth by Buck

17. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Cather

18. Siddhartha by Hesse

19. The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway

20. The Scarlet Letter by Hawthorne

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.