"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 31, 2026

TTT: Books With Nationalities in the Title



Top Ten Tuesday: Books with Nationalities in the Title

I had a dickens of a time finding books I've read with nationalities in their titles. I had to look way back to my pre-blogging days to find enough titles to fill out my list. I dearly wanted to find a book I'd read with "Canadian" in the title since our president is being so awful to our dear friends to the north these days. But that was not to be, sadly, so I made this sentence instead: I love the Canadian people. 

The English Understand Wool by Helen DeWitt

The Dutch House by Ann Patchett

When I Was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago

Muzoon: A Syrian Refugee Speaks Out by Muzoon Almellehan

An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team by Christina Soontorvant

The Unwanted: Stories of the Syrian Refugees by Don Brown

Almost American Girl by Robin Ha

A Swim in the Pond in the Rain: In Which Four Russians Give a Master Class on Writing, Reading, and Life by George Saunders

The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende

American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang

The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles

Sonnets from the Portuguese and Other Love Poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene

The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine by Hector Tobar

The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning by Margareta Magnusson

The Little book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well by Meik Wiking


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.