"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 10, 2026

TTT: Books I Was Reading On This Day Over the Last Ten Years



Top Ten Tuesday: 
Books I Was Reading On This Day, August 11th, Over the Last Ten Years 

This was fun. And I think looking at these ten+ books, you see what kind of reader I am -- an omnivore.

2026 currently listening to: Country People by Daniel Mason (Audio, Literary fiction, 19% complete)

2026 currently reading: Last Summer on State Street by Toya Wolfe (Print, Contemporary, 81% complete)

2025: The Emperor of Gladness by Ocean Vuong (Audio; Literary fiction)

2025: When the Moon Hits Your Eye by John Scalzi (Print; Sci-Fi)

2024: Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn (Mystery, thriller)

2023: The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler (Contemporary when it was published in the 1980s)

2022: The Heart of American Poetry by Edward Hirsh (Print; Poetry analysis)

2022: Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus (Audio; Contemporary)

2021: Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir (Sci-Fi)

2020: Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King (Mystery / thriller)

2019: On the Come Up by Angie Thomas (YA Comtemporary)

2018: Ordinary, Extraordinary Jane Austen by Deborah Hopkinson (Children's Lit. / Biography, illustrated)

2017: The Trouble with Poetry and Other Poems by Billy Collins (Poetry)


2016: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (Classic)


Note, I selected two books for 2025 and 2022 because I finished them on approximately the same day, August 11th on their year.
-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.