"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 24, 2026

TTT: Bookish Places I've Visited


Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Places I've Visited (or Plan to Visit)

Have visited:

The Strahov Monastery Library in Prague, Czech Republic

Make Way for Duckings sculpture by Nancy Schön in Boston Common Garden celebrating the children's book: Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

Winnie-the-Pooh original stuffed animals on display in the Stephen A. Schwarzman building of the New York City Public Library

'The Art of Eric Carle' exhibition at the Tacoma Art Museum, author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar

The Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens in San Marino, California. Home to over 420,000 rare books and seven million documents.

Juliet sculpture in Verona, Italy

"Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean."
-Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare

221b Baker Street, London, home of Sherlock Holmes
Actually it is a fictitious address


Franz Kafka sculpture in Prague, Czech Republic, the author of The Metamorphosis and Other Stories

Plan to Visit:
(We are heading for a trip to the UK in a few weeks)

Jane Austen Festival , Bath, England
Austen book set in Bath: Persuasion

Hill Top House, home of Beatrix Potter, author of Peter Rabbit, Sawrey, England

Culloden Battlefield in Scotland, featured in the book by Diana Gabaldon, Outlander


Stratford-Upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare
We have tickets to see "As You Like It" while we are there.

I look forward to reading other TTT posts for new ideas for bookish places to visit in the future.
-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.