"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Cybils finalists announced

Cybils Finalists were announced on January 1st. Check out their web page for the all the finalists in all the categories. The Junior High/Senior High Nonfiction Categories that I helped judge are listed below. We had some excellent selections this year.

Junior High Nonfiction:

Senior High Nonfiction:












Read my reviews by clicking the hyperlinks:
JH: Disappearing Spoon; Apollo 8; Chasing King's Killer; Boots on the Ground; Spooked; Capsized; Facing Frederick.
SH: The Faithful Spy, The Grand Escape; Votes for Women; We Say #NeverAgain; Bonnie and Clyde; We Are Not Equal Yet; Just Mercy.
As you see, I still am a few reviews behind but will update this page as I get the last of the reviews written.




3 comments:

  1. Glad to see some of your favorites made the list of finalists! I have already begun reading the finalists for my category (graphic novels) and am enjoying the choices made by the round 1 judges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An incredible amount of work--but you accomplished so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish more junior high and high school students were aware of the wonderful nonfiction out there. Thank you for your work on the panel!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.