Top Ten Tuesday: Anticipated Book Releases in 2019
Note: I don't often pay attention to what is coming up because I have so many books on my TBR which are already published. But today I spent a little time looking ahead and here are some books I could be interested in reading in 2019.
1. Place of Gold: Coming of Age in South Africa by Trevor Noah. (Nonfiction, memoir): I will first need to read his first book, Born a Crime, but I've heard such good things about it I'm sure I'll like it. Expected publication date: August.
2. Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson (Poetic Memoir, YA): From the author of Speak, we'll learn about the author's own story of surviving a sexual assault. Publication date: March 12th.
3. The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (Science fiction): Squee! The sequel to the Handmaid's Tale. I will definitely read this one. Expected publication date: September 10th.
5. 1919 by Eve Ewing (Poetry): I just read a nonfiction book about the Chicago Race Riots of 1919. So now I am curious to learn more. Why not do it through poetry? Publication date: June 14th.
6. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas (Young Adult) by the author of The Hate U Give. Feb 5th publication date.
7. The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See (Historical Fiction): I always enjoy Lisa See's novels and learn something at the same time. This one is about the Free-diving women of the the Korean island of Jeju. Publication date: March 5th.
9. We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia (YA Fantasy): I really know next to nothing about this book except it has already earned four starred reviews and it is compared to books by Anna-Marie McLemore, which I love. Publication date: Feb. 26th.
10. On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong (Fiction): I am only aware of this book and the author because I saw this book on all the lists I looked at. Worth a peek! Publication date: June 4th.