"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

24 in 48

24in48.com
Q: How does 24 in 48 work? Do I have to read 24 books in 48 hours? 
A: 24 is for the number of hours, not the number of books! Over the course of 48 hours, you challenge yourself to read for 24 of those hours. This can mean reading 12 hours each day, 20 hours one day and 4 hours the next, or 24 hours straight. However the scheduling works best for you! 
Q: When is the next readathon?
A: Mark your calendar for January  26-27, 2019! [I'm in!]
Q: How can I participate? 
A: Make sure you’ve signed up for the next readathon on the sign-up post, and include your main participation location and email. That location can be your own blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Litsy, etc. but you also don’t have to have an internet presence to participate. You can just sign up and that’s it! You’re participating.
But if you’d like to do more, you can use the hashtag #24in48 on all of those social media outlets to keep up with fellow readathon-ers, as well as check in to this blog as well as TwitterInstagram, and Litsy during the ‘thon to take part in challenges, answer questions, and maybe win some stuff. [I am pretty bad about using any social media other than Facebook and this blog. Expect to see my updates here on Head Full of Books.]
Q: Do I have to read for a full 24 hours? 
A: This is the goal, but many people don’t quite make it. Which is fine! The point of the 24in48 readathon is to dedicate a weekend to reading (while still allowing time for sleep and/or brunch and/or exercising and/or whatever else you might have going on in a normal weekend). You’re free to customize the readathon to best fit your life, and we encourage you to sign up if you plan to participate in any way, even if you know you won’t be able to fit in a full 24 hours! (You aren’t eligible for prizes if you don’t sign up.) [I will be tweaking my participation to include 4 hours on Friday because I have already scheduled a four-hour event on Saturday and I don't think I will be able to finish otherwise, since I am a person who needs to actually sleep.]
Q: Do ebooks or audiobooks count?
A: Absolutely! It doesn’t matter what format you consume your books, just the hours you spend doing so. [Good. I will be driving part of the time of the readathon, so I will listen to an audiobook as I drive.]
Q: What do I hope to read?
  • Finish audiobook: Becoming by Michelle Obama. (I have about 8 hours left to go.)
  • Start audiobook: Where Crawdads Sing by Delia Owen
  • Finish: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah [print] (I have about 125 pages left to finish up.)
  • Finish: Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys [print] (I just started this book last night , so essentially have the whole book to read.)
  • Continue reading: Fear by Bob Woodward [e-book] (I abandoned this book so many months ago I can't remember where I am in it.)
  • Continue reading: She Walks in Beauty by Caroline Kennedy [print] (Poetry. I will aim for just reading some of it.)
  • If time allows, start: Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah [print] or
  • We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this sounds great. I don't know if I can do 24 hours, but I am willing to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.