"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Celebrate---September 12

School started this week. As a high school librarian in a school that launched an iPad roll-out, I had my hands full of getting textbooks and technology into students' and teachers' hands. It was an exhausting week. As Friday drew to a close I expected to go home, have a glass of wine, and have a relaxing evening with my family. That is not what happened. I got home to find the dog shivering in the corner of the room unable to use her back legs at all. She used her front legs to try to move and just scooted herself into the corner and couldn't get out. Poor thing. She is too heavy for me to carry so I had to drag her on a rug to get her outside to relieve her bladder. But she couldn't even stand to do that. I called our veterinarian and was referred to an emergency clinic that has a veterinarian neurologist on staff. I didn't even know such a specialty existed. We had to leave Muffy at the animal hospital over night. Poor Muffy. She will have an MRI today and possible surgery, depending on what they find.

Today I celebrate our family dog, our friend, a clown. Anyone who loves a dog knows how special our pets are to us.

Muffy and Carly
Can you recognize the clown in this dog?
Muffy and our cat Demi. They are friends.
Having a good romp and roll (instead of fetching the ball)
Enjoying the fine weather.

The look of love in her eyes.
Today I am celebrating Muffy, a good dog!

Discover. Play. Build.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope you will let us know how it goes. Tweet to me @MargaretGSimon. My dog is so special to me. He's had leg troubles, too, and I worry that this will happen someday. Love and hugs and prayers for Muffy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't heard from the neurologist. I'm feeling stuck here at home without word.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Muffy's condition. Please know that I will be praying for you, your precious pet, and your entire family as you cope with this painful situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and praying for better health for Muffy! She is such a cute dog and full of personality and love. (even though she barks at me when I visit you) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very friendly with strangers but extremely loyal to her family.

      Delete
  4. This celebration of Muffy makes me want to cry. I live that goof so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. It is bringing her mortality to the forefront of my mind.

      Delete
  5. Oh poor Muffy and poor you. Loving a dog is like loving a small child. Your heart breaks because you can't explain what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry. Hope the surgery goes well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She has been on hold all day and is currently in surgery right now at 9:30 PM. Sigh.

      Delete
  7. Awww....good luck. We're big dog lovers too, so I know how painful this is. We'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so sorry to hear & hope that you have good news by now. Dogs can be such important family members, and it looks like Muffy is a wonderful dog. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne, I hope your dog is doing better now. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is such a nice dog. I'm a dog lover with a yellow Lab so I know what you're feeling. I hope the best for Muffy and the surgery.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.