"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, September 21, 2015

TTT: Books I hope to read this Fall

Top Ten Tuesday: 
Ten Fifteen YA Books I Hope to Read this Fall

24727079
1. The Symphony for the City of the Dead by M.T. Anderson
Nonfiction on Dmitri Shostakovitch and the Siege on Leningrad
25256386
2. Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Perez
Historical fiction about racism in the 1930s in Texas.
23388164
3. The Porcupine of Truth by Bill Konigsberg
Friendship between a straight guy and a lesbian girl.
23301545
4. The Sleeper and Spindle by Neil Gaiman
Illustrated by Chris Riddell. A re-imagined fairy tale mash-up of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White
22910900
5. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
"Reminds us there are different types of remarkable."
16060716
6. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
#2 in the Diviners series
24727094
7. Honor Girl by Maggie Trash
A graphic memoir
20430528
8. Razorhurst by Justine Larbalestier
Set in Australia in 1932. Mob bosses fight it out.
19542841
9. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
Grief, suicide, leads to a search for happiness; LGBTQ themed
22749725
10. Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans by Don Brown
Graphic novel also illustrated by Brown
22295304
11. Shadowshaper by Daniel Jose Older
Fantasy
25163300
12. The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
Inspired by the author's grandmother's journals from the early 20th century.
17564519
13. Walk Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
#1 book in the Gold Seer series
23310694
14. Most Dangerous by Steve Sheinkin
A nonfiction book about Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret history of the Vietnam War
23203744
15. I Crawl Through It by A.S.King
The only way to avoid reality is to fly right through it.

The constant happiness is curiosity. 

18 comments:

  1. Ooh these look so good Anne! I hope you get to read them all :-) Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound amazing! I'm most interested in The Rest of Us Just Live Here. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the sudden I've started seeing The Rest of Us Just Live Here and am starting to feel like maybe I need to read it! Some of these others look interesting, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honor Girl and Lair of Dreams look good! I must check them out.
    Here is my Top Ten Autumn TBR list here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Rest of Us Just Live Here, Lair of Dreams, and I Crawl Through It are ones I MUST get to soon!! That Diviners book is just SO big!! It intimidates me bc it's a big commitment :)n Thanks for stopping by my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of Darkness and Shadowshaper are both on my radar. So many good books out already and more being released! Hope you get to all the book on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm gonna have to read The Hired Girl - hadn't heard of it yet! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of a few of these books and I even have the first book in the series but I have yet to read them. I guess with their sequels out now I can go ahead and have more than one to read at a time so less waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great list! I want to read Lair of Dreams too. And, of course, The Rest of Us Just Live Here, which I keep forgetting about--what is wrong with me?! The Sleeper and Spindle wasn't on my radar but is now thanks to you. And Drowned City sounds like a must read. I'll have to add that one to my wish list for sure (okay, just did).

    ReplyDelete
  10. All with the exception of Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Perez is on my tbr pile. I actually haven't heard of the Perez book but it should be added to the tbr pile too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard a lot about Patrick Ness' books, but never read them and The Hired Girl's cover is so cool. Gotta love vintage vibes. :) Thanks so much for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon, Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have a really good mix of genres in your TBR! I just looked up I Crawl Through It and decided to add it to my to read list. Happy Fall Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Sleeper and the Spindle is definitely on my radar too. Very exciting list, I'll be interested in reading your thoughts when you manage to read through them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lair of Dreams is on my TBR too, I really need to pick it up soon, but it's so big and I really need a reread of The Diviners before diving into the sequel so I'm not sure when that will happen. I'll be back to read your thoughts on it if you do read it!
    Thanks for stopping by the The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally got my ARC of Lair of Dreams like I'd wanted so bad, now just have to have the time to pick it up and read! I loved Walk on Earth a Stranger, hope you get to it soon. And I have a copy of Shadowshaper that I won, and I'm trying to decide if I want to try to read it or just go ahead and donate it to the high school library where I work and read it in between the kids getting to read it. Great picks! Hope you get to them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an interesting and varied list. I have Honor Girl on my wishlist and I am very excited for Walk of Earth a Stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm super eager to get around to reading the new Libba Bray and Patrick Ness as well! Fantastic list of books to look forward to. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Bonnie @ For the Love of Words

    ReplyDelete
  18. FABULOUS list! So, I loved The Rest of Us Just Lived Here, More Happy than Not, and Walk on Earth a Stranger! And I am quite excited for I Crawl Through It, The Hired Girl, and Out of Darkness! I hope you love them all, such great choices!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.