"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 11, 2014

Classics Club Spin number is announced...


The Classics Club Spin number was announced this morning



The number is...


17


Of course it is 17 because that is the one book on my list that I was dreading the most.

See my original list and info about the Classics Book Spin here.

I will now read

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

and hopefully finish it by October 6, 2014.

The version of this book in my school library is 458 pages long.

My goal is to read 60 pages a week so that I can finish by the deadline. 
I will post weekly updates of my progress.




2 comments:

  1. You are so brave! While I love to read, read all the time, I had to give up challenges. I couldn't keep up with them, so I have fun and live vicariously thru other bloggers. Then I get envious and think I WANT TO DO THAT TOO-- but so far, I've kept my word to myself (and truly it is just because I can't keep up). Having told you all that, I am with you on #17! That's a hard one. Good luck. I'll be waiting for your report on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at my challenges for this year and wonder why I put all this stress on myself but then I actually and usually really enjoy the challenge. I listened to a tiny bit of the audiobook for ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE this morning on the library webpage and placed a hold on it. I think the audiobook will help me muscle through this one. I will probably do a combination audiobook/print book---listen/read so that the book doesn't dominate 17 hours of my time that it would take to listen to it exclusively.

      Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.