It is time for the Classics Club Spin again! I have never joined this challenge before and hope that it inspires me to read more challenging books from my TBR list. To play, make a list of 20 books before next Monday, August 11. On that day, a number will be chosen, and your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to read the selected book by October 6. (No matter what, you win! For more details, visit the Classics Club blog).
The event hosts suggest making a list with 5 books you can't wait to read, 5 books you dread, and so on.
Here is my list. I am really hoping they don't pick #17. Ha!
1. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
2. The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain
3. A Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
4. Middlemarch by George Eliot
5. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
6. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
7. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
8. Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
9. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
10. Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
11. The Trial by Franz Kafka
12. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
13. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
14. Henderson the Rain King by Saul Bellow
15. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
16. Wild Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
17. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
18. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
19. Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
20. Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
Sign up and join me. On August 11th the number will be announced which will correspond with the classic book I will read before October 6th. You can create your list of 20 classic books and read that book or join me and read my "winning" book.