Monday, August 18, 2014
TTT: Book people tell me I must read
1. A Long Long Way by Sebastian Barry---I've actually told people to read this book yet I haven't read it myself.
2. Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien---students have been telling me to read this series, this is #1, for years.
3. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry---I've actually read about 100 pages of this book but so many people have told me to read it, I know I must finish it.
4. Goldfinch by Donna Tartt---Several people have said they like this book but honestly I doubt I will read it because it is so long.
5. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston---once again, I started this book several years ago and didn't finish it. My sister is encouraging me to read it because it is such beautiful imagery.
6. Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King---I was assured that this book isn't scary by my blogging friend who recommended it.
7. American Gods by Neil Gaiman---Students and other teachers have been telling me to read this book since I became a librarian.
8. The Wheels of Time series by Robert Jordan---there are lots of fanatics for this series out there.
9. The Game of Thrones by George R R Martin---so many people are watching this show and the book is popular, too. But I am not watching the show so I don't know what all the fuss is about.
10. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Beauty by David Eggers---It has been on my list for so long I can't even remember who told me to read this book.