"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mrs. Bennett's Favorite Books Read in Summer 2011

Tomorrow is the beginning of the 2011-12 school year, my 32nd year of teaching. Gulp!

Here is my list of favorite books read this past summer. The first six books on the list are really great and I may consider all of them for my Mock Printz Workshop. The rest of the books I liked but didn't feel they were quite as worthy of literary praise. I gave them numbers but from book #7 down the list is pretty mushy, meaning that I don't have strong feelings about the numbers I assigned.

Mrs. Bennett's Favorite Books Read in Summer 2011
  1. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
  2. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
  3. Blink and Caution by Tim Wynne-Jones
  4. Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey
  5. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  6. The Berlin Boxing Club by Robert Sharenow
  7. Freak Observer by Blythe Woolston
  8. Ironman by Chris Crutcher
  9. Hold Still by Nina LaCour
  10. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
  11. Boom! by Mark Haddon 
  12. Linger by Maggie Stiefvaer
  13. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
  14. Exposed by Kimberly Marcue
  15. Swim the Fly by Don Calame


5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I've only heard of six of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are soooo many of these I still need to read! Especially Amy and Roger -- everyone raves about that one! And also Where She Went -- I looove Adam =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 23 years of teaching! That's impressive. Our classes started this week, too. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I love lists! I’ve been thinking that I also need to reflect on the books that I’ve read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorites on your list are Berlin Boxing Club and Between Shades of Gray

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.