|Hosted by Book Journey|
What am I reading?
1. Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta... 160/328 pages. Set in Australia. I'm having a hard time maintaining the thread of this story because I am both listening to and reading the book alternating. I had a hard time with Jellicoe Road by Marchetta until the ending drew everything together. I hope the same happens here.
2. The Queen of Water by Laura Resau... 267/342 pages. Set in Ecuador. Virginia is essentially a slave to a wealthy family. This book is based on a true story. I know I will finish this book before Wednesday.
3. Karma by Cathy Ostlere... 17/517 pages. Set in Canada and India. I am apparently reading from a very international list right now. I just picked this book up today. It is written in verse so I am fairly sure that I'll reach my goal, as it reads fast.
4. Tall Story by Candy Gourley... 67/224 pages. Set in Philippines and New York. I should stop reading this book for the time being because I have decided it is a middle-grade book and won't be considered by the Printz committee. I do want to finish it, though.
What am I listening to?1. Chime by Franny Billingsley... 17/361 pages. I just started listening to this today on my way home from the library. I doubt I'll be able to listen to 100 pages worth of text since listening takes longer than reading. Oh well. I will at least have a feeling for the book.
What I wish I had time to cram in before Wednesday:
1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness... this book is getting great reviews and I am anxious to read it to see if is as good as everyone says.
I'd love to hear what you are reading. And I hope you aren't reading as frantically as I am right now.
Look for our Mock Printz list this coming Wednesday afternoon.