"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, September 5, 2011

Top Ten Sequels I want to read

The Broke and Bookish
The Top Ten list this week is the top sequels I'm dying to read.  I usually only read first books in series with very few exceptions so there are very few sequels I am anxious to read. They are:

1. Inheritance, the last book in the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) series by Christopher Paolini. Due out in November.

2. Forever, the third book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater. I know this one is out but I haven't read it, yet.

3.  My daughters told me to suggest that we all need a Book 8 to the Harry Potter series.  Wouldn't that be grand?

4. The World According to Bertie by Alexander McCall Smith, the fourth book in his 44 Scotland Street series.

5. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray, the third book in the Gemma Doyle Trilogy.

Short list this week.  For which series are you anxiously awaiting the next book?

9 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about the Gemma Doyle Trilogy- I don't think I read the last one either! I keep going back and forth about Shiver...I've read some really negative reviews and some very positive ones...Maybe I will check it out of the library, just to be sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pne of my students just recently asked me about when Inheritance was coming out so I will definitely be getting it too and I have Forever but have not read it yet. Need to check out the Gemma Doyle series. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there were a Harry Potter 8. :) I'm reading Forever & like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Linger yet, but I'm really looking forward to reading it along with Forever.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, on Inheritance! I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about Inheritance!! My son is dying to read that one.

    I still need to read Forever, too (AND Linger!)- those two are next up after I finish the 1000pager I'm reading now.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! I would love there to be a book 8 in Harry Potter. Alas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, definitely no Harry Potter 8! The series was so excellent, and ended so well, that adding another book would just feel like Rowling was stretching it. I don't want it to be one of those series that stretches on into infinity. It makes the first 7 books less powerful, I think.

    I could never really get into Paolini's writing as much as I wanted to. Maybe now that the final book will be out, I can give the series another try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! I still haven't read the 3rd Gemma Doyle book either! Even though I started that series like 5 years ago. Fail lol.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.