"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

2012 Mock Printz list

 2012 Mock Printz Book List

Our list:
  • Chime by Franny Billingsley ✔
  • Blink and Caution by Tim Wynne-Jones ✔
  • Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey ✔
  • Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys ✔
  • A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness ✔
  • Karma by Cathy Ostlere ✔
  • Flip by Martyn Bedford ✔
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor ✔
  • Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol ✔
  • Pick-up Game: a Full Day of Full Court by Aronson, et al ✔
  • Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard ✔
  • Queen of Water by Laura Resau ✔
  • Berlin Boxing Club by Robert Sharenow ✔  
  • Now is the Time for Running by Michael Williams ✔
  • Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S.King ✔
✔= books I've read


Let the reading begin!
(If you are a GKHS student and want to know more about the Mock Printz Workship, stop by the library and talk to Mrs. Bennett.)

Updated: 10/22/11

3 comments:

  1. My vote, even though I don't get one, is for Shades of Gray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Between Shades of Gray too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm torn. Daughter of Smoke and Bone feeds my fantasy soul, but Between Shades of Gray is such a great historical fiction that tells a Holocaust survivor story not yet told.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.