"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Salon: Sept. 4

I'm watching: America's Got Talent. The final is the week (I think.) My favorite group to win is the young rock band from Oakland, Poplyfe.

I'm thinking about: The end of summer and the beginning of the school year.  My library is 95% ready to go.

I'm listening to: The audiobook The Crowning Glory of Cally Lily Ponder. I love the voice of the narrator of the audiobook...she's so Southern!

I'm reading: The Berlin Boxing Club by Rob Sharenow. I have to finish it by Wednesday so I'd best get cooking.

Book reviewed this week: Blink and Caution by Tim Wynne-Jones; Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.  I really enjoyed both of these book very much.

Lists I am making: Just "to-do" stuff.

Scripture lesson in church: Psalms 96:1--- Sing unto the Lord a new song.


I'm praying for: My friends Carlista and Jennifer whose Principal died this week, just before school started.

Around the house: Assisting my hubby with the honey-do list. 

From the kitchen: Pickled beets.  A friend gave me beets from her garden and I pickled a whole batch.  A once a year treat.

Nature event: We drove to Bremerton, WA. and took the ferry to Seattle last Sunday to just enjoy the water, the sun, and view.  There is nothing better than a sunny day in the summer in the Pacific NW.  Then yesterday, we went to NW Trek Wildlife Park to see wild animals found in Washington State.  We saw Roosevelt Elk, Moose, Deer, Bison, Long-horned sheep, Mountain Goats, Beavers, River Otters, etc.  It was very fun. We hadn't visited the park since our children were young.




3 comments:

  1. Having a colleague, especially a principal, die right before school begins is so difficult! Our football coach and PE teacher died a few weeks before school began this year and it really sets a strange tone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really watched America's Got Talent. I know a lot of people that do though.
    I've also never had beets. They kind of scare me lol I won't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm constantly making to-do lists yet I always forget that when I answer that question in this post. Oh well. Your outing sounds fun. I love river otters. They're so cute and fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.