"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Salon: Sept. 11, 2011

I'm watching: College Football, more specifically University of Oregon Football.

I'm thinking about: Faith in Action, it is a program at my church that we will be kicking off today!

I'm listening to: The audiobook The Crowning Glory of Cally Lily Ponder. I should say, I am still listening to this audiobook, it usually takes me two weeks to finish them.

I'm reading: The Queen of Water by Laura Resau

Book reviewed this week: The Berlin Boxing Club by Robert Sharenow. I really enjoyed it.

Lists I am making: Top summer reads; favorite books at GKHS; lists of books in series.

Scripture lesson in church: Romans 12: 14-17 "Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another... do not repay evil for evil."


I'm praying for: Myself.  I have a situation with friends where I have been nursing hurt feelings. And for the families of the victims of the attacks on 9-11.

Around the house: My youngest daughter had her wisdom teeth removed yesterday.  She's been laying around with bags of frozen peas on her cheeks.

From the kitchen: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.  Yum!  Here is the link to the recipe.

In memory of:
Ten year anniversary of the terrorist attacks on America on 9-11.








9 comments:

  1. I have to get my wisdom teeth out sometime soon, guess I better stock up on frozen peas! LOL.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes? That sounds fantastic! I hope you sort out the situation with friends as I know how awful that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends can be a blessing and a curse at times.

    Hugs.


    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes sound incredible! We need those for a Book Club treat some time. :) Hope the friend situation gets resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday and I'm nervous about it. I read The Queen of Water. Very Good book. Enjoy reading it and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Anne -

    I'm not usually around the blogging world on weekends, but I snuck in a few quiet moments!

    Yes, Calla Lily is a LONG audio!! Hope you are enjoying it.

    As you know, my son just went through the wisdom teeth extraction - keep up the ice packs! It really helps reduce swelling. The hospital gave my son these really cool refillable ice packs that velcroed (is that a word?) around his head. Looked odd but very effective.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend - time to go make dinner!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't seem to post today here.

    Let me try one more time.

    (I just hope I haven't posted a hundred times!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope your daughter heals quickly. That is not fun. Those cupcakes sound divine! You should share the recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a Sunday! Wisdom teeth can sure be no fun! Hope all goes well!

    Swing by my blog today... lil ole shout out for ya in my BBAW post

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Please comment below.