Top Ten Tuesday: New to me authors I discovered in 2020.
There are few authors I actually pay attention to and get excited when I see they have published a new book. So when I looked over the list of the books read in 2020 I wasn't surprised to see that nearly all of the authors were new to me. The ten listed here struck me as especially good writers or, as in two cases illustrators, and I look forward to reading more by them. My reviews of the books are hyperlinked.
1. Claudia Rankine (Citizen: An American Lyric)
2. Larry McMurtrey (Lonesome Dove)
3. Jenny Offill (Weather)
4. Katie Roiphe (The Violet Hour)
5. Elizabeth Wetmore (Valentine)
6. William Goldman (The Princess Bride)
7. Elizabeth Kolbert (The Sixth Extinction)
8. John Rocco (How We Got to the Moon)
9. Charlie Mackesey (The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse)
10. Trevor Noah (Born a Crime)