Brag #1: Back in July feeling overwhelmed because of being 16 reviews behind I set myself a little challenge to catch up by mid September. I did it! I finished the 16th past due review today and stayed current at the same time. in other words, I didn't catch up on one side to fall behind on the other.
Here are the books I finished, all hyperlinked. If you want to check any of them out, please do!
1. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
2. Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach
3. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
4. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
5. Brazen: Rebel Ladies Who Rocked the World by Penelope Baglieu
6. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
7. Artemis by Andy Weir
8. Force of Nature by Jane Harper
9. Truth Like the Sun by Jim Lynch
10. The Leavers by Lisa Ko
11. The Place Between Breaths by An Na
12. Hillbilly Elegy: a Memoir Of a Family and Culture In Crisis by JD Vance
13. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
14. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
15. Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
16. The Bear and The Nightingale by Katherine Arden
Past Due Book Reviews
16 / 16 books. 100% done!
Brag #2: I am completely caught up on reviewing the books read so far this year that meet one of these three criteria: 1)book club selections, 2)Printz-possible YA titles, and 3)SH/JH nonfiction books. I also have a few favorites I have thrown in for good measure. All together I've reviewed 65 of the 85 books I've read so far this year. At a 76% completion that is some kind of record, I'm sure. I don't review all the books I read, nor would you want me to. Ha! (Some would be boring..."Um, the books wasn't that good, actually it was boring." or "I liked this poem, which I expected but didn't understand that poem." I'll spare you the tedium.) So until I finish another book, I have no reviews waiting to be written. Woot. Woot. In my nine years of blogging I have NEVER been here before!