"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Friday Quotes: My Plain Jane

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
Th
e Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

This is the book I'm reading right now---



Title: My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

Book Beginnings:
Prologue: "You may think you know the story."
Friday 56:
"There was a story there. She could feel it in her bones. Something that perhaps she could work into Very First Novel about Miss Jane Frere."
Comment: I haven't started reading this yet, but I hope to start it this weekend. It is the "real" story of Jane Eyre...and I assume, the humorous version of the story. I loved this group of authors' previous book, My Lady Jane. It was hilarious. I am hoping for the same with this one.

20 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about these books, but haven't had time to pick them up yet. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A novel about a novel... I'm intrigued! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be familiar with the outline of the plot and delighted by the funny twists.

      Delete
  3. I like the beginning and the cover.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing this book, and now I want to read more. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about this book and want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the ARC. I thought it was entertaining. I hope you enjoy it too. This week I am spotlighting Burning Ridge by Margaret Mizushima. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great! That beginning really makes me want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The premise of this book is intriguing. Another book to add to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always amazing to me when more than one author writes a novel. It must be so hard to keep the voices and plots aligned with multiple people writing.

    This one sounds really good, though. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is amazing to have three people writing a novel and not being aware of the differences. I am not sure how they do it. Does each writer get to be the voice of a different character, or do they actually write by committee?

      Delete
  10. Love the excerpts--sounds like a promising plot! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only dual authors I have spoken to, write one chapter of a book each; live in totally different states of the US, miles apart; and chat about the progress of the story over the telephone. I can never get my head around how that scenario works and just how a storyline can be held together.

    This book definitely isn't one for me, as I don't like to see the 'clasics' plagiarised, or original works and characters changed beyond recognition. INMHO, we shouldn't attempt the change anyone else's writing or art, or the notion of a classic will be lost to us in the future.

    Having said all that, I hope that you enjoy the book and don't take any notice of my personal opinions :)

    Yvonne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved My Lady Jane and hope to get to this one soon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep seeing this around. It does look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The excerpts do sound marvellous! I'd enjoy this version. Hope you have found time to start it!
    Here's my Friday post. Happy weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds great, I'd like to read the first book, many people seemed to like it.

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.