"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, September 21, 2018

Banned Books Week, Sept. 23-29, 2018


September 23-29, 2018

What book will you be reading next week? 

Consider reading a banned/challenged book.

You could select one of the top ten most challenged books of 2017.
(Watch the video below for the titles.)


or 
select one of the ten banned books we should read again and again. 
(Click on the hyperlink here: Signature)

or
Pick a banned/challenged book from this megalist. (Wikipedia)

and visit the American Library Association for a lot more suggestions of ways to get involved.

Spread the word!

Read banned books!



3 comments:

  1. I loved reading banned books during banned books week! Thank you for reminding me. I'm going to click on the links to pick my ultimate banned book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read one of those; I'm ashamed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kite Runner or To Kill a Mockingbird? Can you believe they are still challenging that book 50+ years after it was published?

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.