"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, July 11, 2015

6 Degrees: The Signature of All Things


Product Details
The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
A love story set in the 19th century.
I haven't read this book.
↓
Product Details
Eat, Love, Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert
I have read this book by the same author and didn't like it. 
In fact I didn't even finish it, which is very usual for me.
A portion of it is set in Italy.
↓
Product Details
Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walters
Is a love story and is also partially set in Italy.
I did like this one.
One of the main characters thinks she is dying but she is really just pregnant.
↓
State of Wonder
State of Wonder by Ann Pratchett
Set mainly in South America.
One of the characters is also pregnant. This one was intentional.
↓
Product Details
The Queen of Water by Laura Resau
Also set in South America. 
The author, Laura Resau co-wrote the book with Maria Virginia Farinango.
 It was a fictionalized version of actual events from her life.
↓
Product Details
Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally.
Another fictional book about an actual person and events that really happened, 
Oscar Schindler and the Holocaust.
↓
Product Details
The Pianist by Wladyslaw Szpilman
Another survival story out of the Holocaust.
This one sounds good, but I haven't read it.
Which brings us back to...
↓
Product Details
The Signature of All Things.
Our original book, which I haven't read.

This is a fun activity. Just try it. One never knows where the original book will take them. Who would guess that a love story set in the 19th century would be six degrees of separation from a nonfiction book about the holocaust?

Sign up at AnnabelSmith 

4 comments:

  1. This is a really cool meme. I'll definitely save it for when I have some time to get around to it.
    Good answers! I feel like this would take me forever to come together. :)
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany, we'd love for you to join in. It takes only about 10 minutes - I just go with whatever springs to mind.

      Delete
  2. I also was not impressed by Eat, Pray, Love and found it utterly pretentious. I've heard The Signature of All Things is totally different though, so maybe I'll give it a try one of these days. Great chain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining the meme Anne. I have not read Eat, Pray, Love. It didn't appeal to me at all. But lots of people I trusted told me The Signature of All Things was very different and I'm so glad I gave it a go.

    I was very excited to see State of Wonder in your chain - I am a huge Ann Patchett fan. I also really enjoyed Beautiful Ruins.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!