"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, July 3, 2015

BINGO

Back in May I challenged my readers to join me in a game of book bingo. No one took me up on the offer and frankly, I forgot all about it until today when I checked back and discovered I had indeed scored a book bingo.






































I've read all these books some time in 2015:

  • Written by an author I've met: Fairest by Marissa Meyer (Met again in early May)
  • Set in Africa: Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein (Ethiopia)
  • You Think You'll Dislike: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (What can I say? I was wrong. I really liked the book.)
  • An audiobook: Take your pick. The latest one I listened to was Deep Down Dark: The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine, and the Miracle That Set Them Free by 


2 comments:

  1. Oh very cool. Did you make the bingo box? It takes some thought to remember if I've read in these categories. Do they all have had to be read in 2015? If not: 2nd to last row: Classic read late: Death in Venice; audiobook: "The Chaperone” by Laura Moriarty; Everyone has read but you: The Girl on the Train; Translation: The Elegance of the Hedgehog; A banned book: Catcher in the Rye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it on the BOTNS Website (http://bullshitbingo.net). If you go to the site you can click the button and you will get a different board than mine.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.