"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, July 17, 2015

Book Blogger Hop, July 17th

Book Blogger Hop
Question: Do you listen to audiobooks?

Answer: Do I ever! I always have an audiobook in my car to listen to while I commute to work.

I just finished listening to To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee read by Roses Pritchard (my family and I listened to it together.)

Yesterday I started listening to X: a Novel by Ilyasah Shabazz read (partially) by the author and by Dion Graham.

Shoved onto the back burner by the other two books is The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh read by Arianna Delawari. I've only just started it and will commence listening as soon as I am done with X.

Here are a few of my favorites if you want to get started:

  • The Egg and the Spoon by Gregorie Maguire
  • The Whistling Season by Ivan Doig
  • The Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
  • The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
  • The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater
  • The Daughter of Smoke and Bones series by Laini Taylor
  • The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) series by Christopher Paolini
  • In a Sun Burned Country by Bill Bryson
  • Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, read by Dick Hill

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming over to my blog today. Yes, I love audio books, too. Thanks for sharing this great list! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.