I was just honored to receive the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award by Jane at Greenish Bookshelf. Thank you for the honor!
I am supposed to nominate others to participate but let me just invite you, my readers, to grab these questions provided to me by Jane and answer them on your blog, leaving a link to your blog on my comment section.
1. What books might you include on a list of your top 5 favorites?
To Kill a Mockingbird; Pride and Prejudice; Persuasion; Peace Like a River; Chronicles of Narnia and The Harry Potter series (tied)
2. If you could live in a book, which would it be and why?
Pride and Prejudice...I'd love to experience the Regency period, the country dances, the English countryside; and Mr. Darcy.
3. Favorite genre to read?
I don't think I have a favorite. I often find myself saying my favorite books are the quirkiest ones: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; The Confederacy of Dunces; Ready Player One; Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore; Couch...those types of books. But I am also a sap for a good historical novel and also a not-so-steamy romance.
4. How many books are you currently reading?
Three: Simon vs Homo Sapiens Agenda; X-A novel; The Wrath and the Dawn. All YA.
5. Name 2 books you mean to read but keep putting off.
Their Eyes Were Watching God and anything by Charles Dickens
6. If you taught a literature class, what would be on your syllabus for the class?
Flight Behavior or Poisonwood Bible by Kingsolver; Bless Me Ultima; The Great Gatsby; Poetry; I'll Give You the Sun by Nelson; The Kite Runner
7. Do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebooks?
I do all three but I actually prefer audiobooks
8. What’s the most memorable bookstore you’ve visited?
Powell's Bookstore in downtown Portland. You need a map to navigate it.
9. Favorite place to read?
Anywhere in my house. I listen to audiobooks in the car.
10. If you’re not reading, what do you like to do?
Gardening, nature walks, rummaging through antique stores, playing card/board games, baking and cooking