"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

A project for 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: 

Books so good I must write reviews for them even years after reading them. 

Today's topic is to highlight books too good to review properly. I decided to tweak the topic and merge it with a personal challenge which I started last month. 

I retired in 2017 after 37 years as an educator, the last twelve as a high school librarian. Prior to 2017 my priority in blogging was writing reviews for the YA books I was reading. I purposely didn't review all the adult books I read, thinking my students wouldn't be that interested in them. Now I realize that many of the books I never reviewed are some of my favorites and I really, really wish I hadn't neglected them. I keep wondering if it is possible to write reviews for books I read years ago? Well, this project will be my attempt to go back and correct the record, writing super-duper past due reviews.

These are the books I hope to review in 2022:


 
1. A Man Named Ove by Frederik Backman
Read in April 2017
 
Read in Feb. 2018
Reviewed: August 13, 2023
 
3. Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
Read in Aug. 2017
Re-read and reviewed March 22, 2022
 
Read in March 2017
Reviewed: July 7, 2023
 
5. In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner
Read in Nov. 2016
 

 
6. The Round House by Louise Erdrich
Read in January 2014
 
7. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Read in Dec. 2014
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2022
 
8. A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
Read in October 2014
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2022
 
9. People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
Read in Dec. 2015
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2022
 
10. The Whistling Season by Ivan Doig
Re-read in Feb. 2015, first read in 2009
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2022
 
If I complete these past due reviews I may add additional titles. Come back infrequently and check out my progress. I'll hyperlink the titles to completed reviews.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.