"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Friday Quotes---Dear Fahrenheit 451

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
Th
e Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---


Title: Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life by Annie Spence

Book Beginnings:
"Dear The Goldfinch, We've grown apart. Or, I guess, you've grown apart. Like, physically. Your spine is torn to crap. The hardest part about this? I'm the one who did it to you. I love you so much, Goldfinch."
Friday 56: 
"Dear The Fledgling...When people say books are full of wonder, we don't take it seriously enough. You are over thirty-five years old. You smell like old paper and smudged fingertips. You've lain dusty and untouched for decades. And you're magic. You are. You can't work wonders for everyone because, like things with magic inside them, you have to wait for the right hands to touch you at just the right moment." 
Comments: The first of this book is so cute with Annie Spence, a public librarian writing letters, mostly loving ones, to books. The second part of the book is her suggested book pairings, a unique way of making reading recommendations. It is a fun, often funny book.




21 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good book. I like the fact that it's a librarian writing letters to books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously some of the letters are better than others, but it is a cute premise.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I need this book now. It sounds amazing and I'm loving that cover so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie Spence is a good writer and I think she is really onto something here.

      Delete
  3. Hi Anne!

    Oh i like the play on words - the use of the book title! Very interesting!

    Here is mine: bit.ly/briguella1

    Have a lovely weekend x We're having a heatwave here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this one, and I'll be adding it to my list. Thanks for visiting my blog, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to it on audiobooks, which wasn't a good format for it since it has some lists. Hard to keep track of stuff in ones head as I was listening.

      Delete
  5. What a brilliant concept for a book! I have got to check this one out! I'd love for you and your readers to check out THE UNINVITED CORPSE . . . https://www.facebook.com/elleryadamswritesmysteries/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It really is. The problem is that some of the letters are to silly books which should have just been weeded from the shelves without comment. Ha!

      Delete
  7. This sounds great. I love books about books. This week I have a thriller - What You Want to See by Kristen Lepionka. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this sounds awesome! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm going to have to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun read! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Jo-Ann at Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds too fun. I could see it being a jumping off for a project with kids. So creative...

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sound of writing letters to favorite (or not so favorite) books. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds great! I'm going to have to look for it. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.