Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Won't Reread Because the Magic Might FadeI rarely reread books anyway but these books all hold a magical spot in my head and I am afraid that a reread would render them magic-less.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
I loved this book and the whole experience of it. At 771 pages, it is an unlikely reread anyway.
2. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
This book is almost mythical in my memory. Not sure if I would want to dispel it.
3. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
The writing is beautiful and lyrical, even if the topic is depraved. I will let this one live in my mind in a happy place by not rereading it.
4. Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
I love, love, love this book...or at least I think I do. What if I reread it and didn't love it anymore?
5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Actually I did reread this book and it shattered my happy, childish memory of it. Proving my point about rereads!
6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
I love the author and his writing but this book is too disturbing to reread.